Monday, September 22, 2008

Just another manic Monday

Well color me a dull vixen because it's Monday evening and I don't have a darn thing to say. My only excuse is that it's MONDAY people!! The day AFTER I've had two days to sleep late, stay up late, spend the day in either boxer shorts and tank top or a swim suit, skip the gym and pretend the house is going to clean itself.

Monday is a hard slap in the face. A ringing alarm at 4:30 am. WTF?? It's hours till dawn. It'll take two pots of coffee to get my engine started. I'll have to brave the bathroom mirror and the Monday face. Monday always is a bad hair day, a day when a zit appears, when the luggage under your eyes looks like the family size jumbo deluxe and your favorite shorts came out of the dryer refusing to conform to your form.

It's the day you make notes to yourself - and promises. You'll add another mile to your run. You WILL remember to moisturize EVERY night. You'll throw away that bag of chocolate and eat carrot sticks. You'll lighten up on the sugar in your coffee. You won't use the F word today. You'll do another set of crunchies even if it makes you puke. You'll remember to buy a birthday card that should have gone in the mail last week. You'll clean off that thing you call a desk - you know, that area that looks like a bomb went off on it. You'll answer the phone without growling hello. You won't use the F word today. (Yeah, I know I said that already, but on Monday it takes two reminders).

And then you find yourself at the end of the day trying to think of something witty to write. Well, news flash. There's no zip in my do-da. I know lost at least half the zip in mile three of the run, right after my sports bra blew a strap. WTF? Nothing like being lopsided. Such a nice look. The other half vanished when I went for that extra set of crunchies and decided that women don't need abs.

So, bottom line, this vixen is a dud today. Maybe Tuesday will be better. Maybe I'll go to bed at 8pm. Maybe I'll remember to moisturize. Or maybe I'll take honey-man's suggestion (he just strolled by) and pretend it's Friday, go for a naughty swim, stay up late and whine long and loud when that Tuesday alarm rings. Hey, a gal's gotta go what a gal's gotta do to rezip her do da.

Hope you've got plenty of zip:) Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Natasha Moore said...

My Monday morning really sucked. I was checking e-mails before going to the day job and the screen on my laptop went black! Snap, just like that! Aargh! The repair shop might be able to order me a new screen - right now I'm plugged into a tiny old monitor my hubby kept for a situation like this.

Let's hope both our Tuesdays are better!

N.J.Walters said...

4:30 is way too early, even for me. LOL

And if you're tossing away chocolate, throw it my way. Lord knows I could use the extra boost.