Thursday, September 25, 2008

Don’t send the wrong message!

Just as there are meanings behind the color of roses you send, there are also meanings behind the quantity you send.

As in all things related to romance, it's the little details that make it spectacular and to be remembered. So don't forget the little touches whenever sending roses because even the vase you select can add or subtract to the overall effect.

Ask about the card and if you have a choice of style. Take extra time to write your sentiments on the card. If a ribbon is to be used, see if you can select which one is used. Afterall, it's your bouquet, so make it extra special.To help you decide on the number of roses to send, here’s a brief guideline of the traditional messages they carry to your lover.

  1. One Dozen - The traditional number of roses sent for any occasion

  2. Two Dozen Conveys the message - I’m yours. It also means, I think about you every hour, 24 hours a day.

  3. Several Dozen - Dozens and dozens of things I love about you or dozens and dozens of ways I love you.

  4. Long stemmed - Means the person receiving the roses is in the sender’s heart forever.

  5. Single long stem - Is good to send as a thank you or a simple I love you.

  6. Six roses - I miss you.

  7. Seven roses - I'm crazy about you.

  8. 50 roses - Eternal unconditional love.

  9. Miniature roses - Sweetheart. Says it all.

  10. Roses and chocolate - You guessed it, the most romantic expression of love.

A single rose can touch the heart just as profoundly as a dozen roses when given with the right words. And if you have the thorns removed, it symoblizes how deeply you care.

2 comments:

N.J.Walters said...

A single rose can have an impact. My hubby sent me one after our first date. That was twenty-five years ago. I was hooked from that moment on.

Sally Painter said...

Aww... that is so touching, NJ! Isn't it amazing how a single gesture can move us?