Sunday, September 21, 2008

Boldly Going...


Where I have never gone before. Namely, to futuristic romance. Up until now, most of my stories have been firmly grounded in the here and now. My heroines have been bank tellers and accountants and writers. My heroes have been counselors and musicians and business owners. In my September 24th release, Lia's Warrior, a Sapphire Jewel novella from Ellora's Cave, my characters don't even live on this planet. They live in a world where couples must be blessed by the sacred Sapphire Moon before they have sex - or suffer the tragic consequences.

See, that's one thing I discovered about venturing away from contemporary romance - I don't have to stick with the rules of planet Earth. I can come up with scenarios that force situations which wouldn't work in small town USA or a European city or anywhere else on Earth. And that's kinda cool.

My heroine isn't something as common as a school teacher. She's the Guardian of the Sapphire Moon, a crystal globe with a sacred sapphire embedded in the center. Lia must personally witness couples mating after they receive the Moon’s blessing. But she can never enjoy the pleasures of the flesh herself. And when her true love, Roark, returns from the war on a distant planet, he's told it's forbidden to mate with the Guardian! But, of course, the Warrior doesn't take no for an answer.

This was a fun story to write. There's forbidden love. A little voyeurism. A strong, sexy hero. A lot of hot sex. And a story that couldn't take place in the town down the road.

So do you have a favorite sub-genre? Do you like contemporary romances, where you feel as if the love story could happen to you today? Do you like futuristics, where the possibilities are endless? Or paranormals, where the characters might not even be human? Or historicals, where societal restraints can be a great source of conflict? Or, like me, do you love them all? I hope you do, because I plan to be boldly going wherever the stories takes me.

And sharing them with you.

Natasha
Romance with more...sizzle
Website
Blog
MySpace

6 comments:

Sally Painter said...

Congrats on your first futuristic, Natasha! Only 3 days to go before it's released into the UNIVERSE! It sounds like a wonderful read and I can't wait!

Thank you for joining us on the blog today!

Cathy said...

Paranormals and Futuristic storylines are my latest favorites, and this one sounds great Natasha.

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks for inviting me, Sally. I love being a Vixen :)

Natasha Moore said...

Cathy, I love paranormals and futuristics too. So many kinds of hunky heroes. So many possibilities. ;) Hope you enjoy Lia's Warrior.

WK said...

Sounds like an interesting story.

I love all kinds of romances. I'm a mood reader.

hugs,
WendyK

Natasha Moore said...

Depends on what mood you're in, right, Wendy? LOL Thanks for stopping by!