Saturday, November 22, 2008

That Old Black Magic

What is it about a magician? He’s certainly mystifying. And exciting. And a little frightening. And even a little sexy – or a lot sexy, depending on the magician. His hands are graceful and practiced. If he does his job right, you believe he can do anything. Even make your dreams come true.



I’ve never been one of those people who want to know how the illusion is done. I love the fantasy. The possibilities. And the romantic, sensual aspect of many illusions, especially with a beautiful assistant doing her part.

And I love the commanding personality of the magician. Because, of course, he has to be confident in his abilities to pull off the illusion. To be a master of smoke and mirrors.




So when I set out to write about a hero who is an illusionist, I knew I wanted him to be confident, almost cocky. Dark and a little bit dangerous. And I had to give him a heroine who could hold her own. Who knew all about illusions and wasn’t taken in by the fantasy. Even though she wished she could.

As I was writing this story I was delighted to discover all the tools of the trade, so to speak, that fit right in with the bondage aspect of my story. Scarves. Blindfolds. Handcuffs. Ropes. Cages. It was so much fun to weave it all together into a sexy, sensual story.




You can check out Smoke and Mirrors here.

So how about you? Do you like the illusion? Or do you want to know how it’s done?

Natasha
Romance with more…sizzle
www.natashamoore.com

4 comments:

Sally Painter said...

Hey Natasha! Welcome to the blog. Great post and I enjoy the illusion, too, however, I'm always trying to figure out 'how'd he do that?'.

Congrats on your new release. It sounds wonderful, can't wait to read it. Hugs!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Sally :) Hope you enjoy!

Ciana / Syneca said...

Oooh, I love illusion (and adored that film). Your book sounds VERY intriguing. Can't wait to read it. Thanks so much for posting with us. Happy Weekend!!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Ci. I loved that movie too :)