Sunday, November 23, 2008

Clothes Make The ....


They say that clothes make the man (or woman). I don’t know if that’s true, but I do know how often we use clothing as a disguise. Think about it…

I’m sure you’ve done this yourself…you’ve hidden your body behind a shapeless dress or skirt when you’re not feeling confident. Alternatively, you’ve donned that slinky gown or scanty underwear when you’re feeling confident and sexy. That bustier and garters make you feel just a little naughty and that gives you a boost of confidence, right?

I'd like to thank the fabulous Vixens of Romance for having me as a guest blogger. What I want to share with you is how clothes help in my latest release from Ellora's Cave.

In Changing Hearts, the heroine knows all about hiding her body in shapeless shirts and blouses. She knows how to disguise her “assets” and she’s comfortable doing that – mainly because all of her life, she’s been made fun of because of her shape. See, Joie Landry is, to put it mildly, stacked…think Dolly Parton stacked.

The hero of Changing Hearts definitely appreciates Joie’s more obvious assets. It’s only as he gets to know her that he understands her reluctance to show off those assets. You see, Malcolm Slade would like to see Joie wearing one of his sleeveless t-shirts and nothing else…he’s quite obvious about his interest in her body.

Joie uses clothing to hide, Malcolm uses clothing to entice…they’re on the opposite ends of that particular spectrum, but they both agree on their desire for one another.

So what do you wear when you want to entice your lover? Are you a sexy, satiny gown type or do you go for the more obvious demi-bra and thong? Let me know because I’d love to hear from you. And while you’re at it, check out Changing Hearts from Ellora’s Cave. I’d also love it if you’d visit my website and read the excerpt I have posted there. I think you might enjoy it.

Buy a copy of Changing Hearts to see how Malcolm and Joie give into the love that burns them up on the steamy bayou banks of Louisiana.

7 comments:

Ciana / Syneca said...

Hey there Marilu!!

Fabulous post- one every woman can identify with. We do tend to structure our wardrobe according to how we feel about ourselves. I guess that's universal amoung us gals.

I love characters who have the same uncertainties -- it makes it so much easier to get inside their heads and take the adventure with them.

Changing Hearts sounds fabulous!! I hope it's a huge success:) I'll look forward to reading it.

Thanks for posting with us. I so enjoyed your post and I know everyone else will get a kick out of it:)

Big hugs and kudos on your new release!!

Ciana

Tarot By Arwen said...

Thanks so much, Ciana! It's a pleasure to be here with such a talented group!

Rowena Cherry said...

Intriguing, Marilu!

I'm not going to tell you about my personal wardrobe. I do have a Victoria's Secret, and I hate it. However, I will say that I prefer Romance novels where the hero and heroine wear glamourous clothes.

I often wonder how Regency romance clothing would really look on a modern man, and if one of our corporate execs in a 3-piece suit would look exotic and romantic to our great granddaughters.

I suspect he would!

Sally Painter said...

Welcome you, two! So good to have you on the blog. I love your post and agree about how we use clothing. Congrats on the release. It sounds wickely sexy!

Natasha Moore said...

The clothes I wear definitely make a difference in the way I feel about myself. Thanks for the reminder that it's the same for our characters as well. Can't wait to check out your new release :)

Cai said...

Thanks for having us here, you lovely Vixens. Arwen & I are happy to blog here with you.

I definitely know that I feel better and more confident in clothing I'm comfortable in. Take right now, for example...an oversized T-shirt & pajama pants, and I'm set for a night watching TV and writing. :)

Hugs,

Cai

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Hi Arwen and Cai,

I like long negligees. Problem is, they don't stay on very long. LOL. I think I've worn them maybe three minutes, tops before my dh pulls them off. It's like his 'bat signal' for sex.

Ash