Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Day the Music Died

And no I'm not about to start singing "bye bye Miss American Pie". I'm referring to the fact that before dawn on Friday my laptop crashed and even though I was able to get it back up and running (after many hours with tech support) I lost all of my muic.

Yes, I had a "waaaaa" moment. More so over that than the fact I lost a book I was writing and had only two chapters left to finish it. The book I can rewrite - and make it better than the first time around. The music? That stabs deep.

Music plays a big part in my life. Each book I've written has a certain kind of music attached to it. Each important event in my life has music associated with it. Every time I get romantic or frisky with my honey ... you guessed it, there's a musical theme.

Today I'm rewriting that book I lost and the music that's playing is one of my all-time favorites from a lady I think is one of the biggest talents ever....



Hope you find some love sneakin' up on you:)

Happy Sunday!!
Ci

3 comments:

Sally Painter said...

WAAHHH!!! I'm crying with you. It seems the majority of my life is associated wtih music. I feel your pain sista vixen! A world wtihout music... I shudder to even think! And the book... That is so sad. I once lost a book in a crash and started rewriting it. Got to the fifth chapter and discovered it sitting on the c drive. When I got it opened and saved to a disk (before cds), I compared it to the new version and was shocked to see it was almost to the word alike. I guess our brains are nothing more than big ole puters. Good luck and hugs!!!!!!!!!

Karin said...

Aw, that really sucks. I don't know what I would do if I lost my music. I need my music to get me through the day. I listen to it all day long at work. Good luck with the rewriting of your lost book as well.

WK said...

Ohh Ci!!! I'm soo sorry. See for me it'd be pictures. It's why I now try to copy everything to a disk/cd every so often and try to make sure I've put my pics up on snapfish.

I feel your pain though.

hugs,
WendyK

PS good luck on your WIP.